This is an old recipe that I have been making since the big kids were little bitties. It’s cheap and easy – the 2 things I like best about recipes! You’ll need:
- 2 – 3 chicken breasts (cooked – I slow cooked mine from frozen all day in the slow cooker)
- a bag of mixed veggies (your choice). I get mine out when I start this process so they start thawing.
- can of cream of chicken soup
- can of cream of potato soup
- can of biscuits (regular or grand)
- about a cup of milk
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- butter for your dish (also not required)
First up, preheat your oven to whatever the biscuits require. Butter your baking dish.
Add half your biscuits to the bottom.
Bake until golden brown. I forgot to take a pic of the dish with the baked biscuits in the bottom. You’ll have to take my word for it.
While your biscuits are baking. Heat your 2 soups and a soup can of milk in a saucepan.
Then stir in your cooked chicken…
Then add your veggies…
Then sprinkle in some cheese if you’d like… totally optional…
Mix it all up and it when it’s thoroughly heated, pour it into your baking dish…
Top with the remainder of biscuits… (flatten them out a little)
Bake for allotted time on your biscuit can – I reduce the heat slightly. You don’t want the biscuits to get too done on the top and raw in the middle. You may want to check the biscuits when you get the dish out to make sure they aren’t gooey in the middle. If they are, reduce heat and put them back in for a bit. Time & temp varies depending on ovens & the type of biscuit you buy.
Then eat it up!